Blatner Tools for Adobe InDesign
A suite of 12 plug-ins designed by David Blatner to make your work faster, easier and more efficient.
Have you ever wanted to…
- Find which graphic in your InDesign file contains a particular spot color?
- Remove the local text formatting from a whole document?
- Apply a keyboard shortcut to a color swatch, a layer, or any style?
- Automatically convert unstyled text to true paragraph and character styles?
- Compare two similar paragraph styles to see how they’re different?
- Place a script in a menu for easy access?
Now You Can!
Yes, you can do all this and a lot more with Blatner Tools, a plug-in suite designed by InDesign guru David Blatner and developed by DTP Tools. See tutorials narrated by David here: YouTube/DTPTools
Increase your Productivity with Blatner Tools
In today’s economy, you need to make every second count. We designed the Blatner Tools suite of plug-ins (12 plug-ins offering dozens of new features!) to optimize your InDesign worklow.
It’s the difference between working the old way — slowly and manually formatting text and objects — or the new Blatner Tools way: automatic style creation; auto fractions; and over 50 new user-customizable shortcuts, including managing layers, swatches, and styles.
While decreasing the time it takes to lay out your files, you can also increase the quality of your output with the help of the Quality Assurance plug-in, which catches common errors such as duplicate objects, incorrect spaces, use of local formatting, short lines, and more. Similarly, the Find Color plug-in uncovers problem colors and lets you fix them! And color and styles reports help ensure styling rules are being followed.
Here are a few more of the many features included in Blatner Tools:
- Script Manager makes it easy to use scripts, even for beginner users. You can even embed scripts in a document for template automation. Blatner Tools also comes with our choice of great third-party scripts, written by some of the best script developers in the industry.
- Remember keeps track of your preference files in case they get lost, and even lets you export and import your preferences and other resource files to share with your workgroup.
- Auto Page helps you avoid overset frames by letting them auto-grow or auto-thread to new pages.
- History LE displays a list of every action, and lets you quickly undo/redo multiple steps, or easily save document states.
You can read more fun facts about this product in interview with David Blatner
CHANGES IN 1.0.1
- Power Styles
Compare styles now takes “Next Style” setting into account.
Object styles turned off attributes are now compared too.
- Text Controls
The “Vertically justify using leading” feature was changed to fit text to frame using leading – it now works in overset frames too.
- Quality Assurance
Quality assurance now detects usage of more than one em, en and other white space.
This update was posted 1/29/10. Official hero user of this update is Michael whose eye caught all these problems.
Szukasz dodatkowych informacji?
Zapraszamy do konatktu telefonicznego lub za pomocą formularza kontaktowego.